Procurement & Contract Management
2 day, 14 PDU course
- If your customer is external to your organization, you are in a procurement / contract situation.
- If you use external vendors and suppliers, you are in a procurement / contract situation.
- How you setup and execute the procurement / contract situation can either drive your project towards success or failure – and everyone would prefer success
- This course focuses on one of the nine knowledge areas of project management, Project Procurement Management.
- Designed to give you a working knowledge of procurement management for projects, you will be able to use these concepts the very next day on your projects thus giving you the edge over your competition.
- The course is designed to provide participants with the procurement management principles, techniques, tools and skills for next day applications useful in your organization and a wide range of businesses – healthcare, government, service, engineering, manufacturing, education, etc.
- This course follows the best practices for Project Procurement Management as outlined in the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Fifth Edition (PMBOK® Guide).
- This workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
- After completing this course, you will understand:
- The fundamentals of procurement management
- The elements of a contract
- The five different categories of procurement
- What is involved in a Make vs. Buy decision
- What is included in a procurement package
- The different types of contracts and their relative risk
- What is involved in conducting a procurement
- How to evaluate seller proposals
- The basics of negotiation
- The fundamentals of administering a contract
- How to close a contract
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project Managers / Team Leaders
- Team Leaders moving into team leadership positions
- Key Team Members
- Functional Managers
- Process and Performance Improvement Team Members
- Business Planning Personnel
- 2 day, 14 PDU course
- Upon successful completion, you will receive an Integrated Process Developers, Inc (IPDI) certificate of completion.
- Up to 20 people in your company
- To schedule a workshop for your company, contact us for a proposal to bring this course to your organization.
- Training courses can be held at your company’s location or training center.
- An open mind and a willingness to learn new techniques to manage projects.
- It is preferred, but not required, that the participants have completed any of the following workshops:
- Fundamentals of Project Management Workshop
PMI, PMP, and PMBOK are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.