Advanced Project Risk Management
2 day, 14 PDU course
- Tired of being surprised on your projects? The only time you should be surprised is on your birthday!
- This course focuses on one of the nine knowledge areas of project management, Project Risk Management.
- Project Risk Management focuses on:
- Dealing with the inevitable negative events which could occur on the project and determining methods to either decrease the probability of those events or decrease the impact they will have on the project, or both.
- Dealing with the potential opportunities which could occur on the project and determining methods to either increase the probability of those events or increase the impact they will have on the project, or both.
- In order for risks of the project to be properly defined it is necessary to interface with the key stakeholders of the project.
- As with the other aspects of project planning, the risk plan should by no means be developed “in a vacuum.”
- This course is designed to give you a working knowledge of risk management for projects.
- You will be able to use these concepts the very next day on your projects thus giving you the edge over your competition.
- This course follows the practices for Project Risk Management as outlined in the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Fifth Edition (PMBOK® Guide).
- This workshop is interactive, including small group exercises, large group discussions, and instructor facilitation.
- After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the role that Risk Management plays in successfully completing a project.
- Learn techniques to identify risks (both threats and opportunities) on a project.
- Determine the prioritization of those threats and opportunities using both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Develop a risk management plan to develop strategies for the prioritized opportunities and threats and then update the project plan to incorporate those strategies.
- Understand the risk monitoring and control tools to identify if risks are about to occur or if they have occurred.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Project Managers / Team Leaders
- Team Leaders moving into team leadership positions
- Key Team Members
- Functional Managers
- Process and Performance Improvement Team Members
- Business Planning Personnel
- 2 day, 14 PDU course
- Upon successful completion, you will receive an Integrated Process Developers, Inc (IPDI) certificate of completion.
- Up to 20 people in your company
- To schedule a workshop for your company, contact us for a proposal to bring this course to your organization.
- See our Public Course Schedule for a course near you
- Training courses can be held at your company’s location or training center.
- An open mind and a willingness to learn new techniques to manage projects.
- It is preferred, but not required, that the participants have completed any of the following workshops:
- Fundamentals of Project Management Workshop
PMI, PMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider Logo are registered trademarks of Project Management Institute, Inc.